CFI – Instrument (CFII)
YOU COME TO US or WE COME TO YOU
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold at a certified flight instructor certificate (airplane).
- Must be able to read speak, and understand the English language.
- Obtain at least a second-class FAA medical certificate.
- Pass the FAA written knowledge test, as well as the FAA practical flight test.
There are no minimum FAA requirements for ground or flight time for the flight instructor rating. However, IAE students have averaged about 17 hours of ground instruction (including classroom-instructing techniques), and12 hours of flight instruction. Each individual may require more or less time depending on past experience knowledge, and currency.