- Must be 18 years of age and hold at least a private pilot certificate.
- Be able to read speak, and understand the English language.
- Obtain at least a current third-class medical certificate.
- Pass the FAA written knowledge test as well as the FAA practical flight test.
- At least 50 hours of cross country flight time as pilot in command.
- Minimum of 40 hours of actual or simulated instrument time.
- At least 15 hours of instrument flight training from an authorized flight instructor.
- One cross-country in an airplane that is performed under IFR conditions.250 NM with 3 approaches and landings and takeoffs.
- A total of 10 hours may be in an approved simulator.
NOTE: 15 hours of instrument flight instruction by an authorized instructor is the minimum set by the Federal Aviation Administration.