Private Pilot License
YOU COME TO US or WE COME TO YOU
- Candidates must be 16 years of age to solo and 17 years of age for a private pilot certificate at time of completion, and hold a valid Third Class Medical Certificate
- Be able to read speak, and understand the English language.
- Obtain at least a current third-class medical certificate.
- Pass the FAA written knowledge test as well as the FAA practical flight test.
Minimum of 40 hours of flight that must include the following:
1. Minimum of 20 hours dual with flight instructor, which includes:
*3 hours of cross-country.
*3 hours of instrument flight.
*3 hours of night flying
2. Minimum of 10 hours solo flight, which includes:
*5 hours solo cross-country, including 3 landings and take-offs’ at an airport with an operating control tower.
3.The balance of 10 hours may be with a flight instructor or solo.
NOTE: 40 hours is the Federal Aviation Administration set minimum. Most pilots will require more flight time to prepare for the practical test. While the normal average is 70 hours, the IAE average has been between 55 and 60 hours.